Name Change

Name Change

Within 30 days of a change in the notary’s name, the notary shall provide to the Lieutenant Governor:

  • A bond policy rider. To obtain a rider, the notary need to contact their insurance company and request a bond rider that will reflect both the previous and new name of the notary.
  • Copy of the document which changes the name. (Marriage certificate, divorce decree, etc.)
  • Update contact information reflecting your current address, phone number, email, etc. if applicable.

A notary is not required to change the notary’s name by adopting the surname of the notary’s spouse.

Submit documents to:

Lieutenant Governor’s Office
350 North State Street Suite 220
P.O. Box 142325
Salt Lake City, UT 84114


Email documents to